Beauty trends may come and go, but smooth, wrinkle-free skin is always in style. Sadly, over time, collagen production declines, which can lead to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, or even the worsening of acne scars; both new and old.
While skin resurfacing with lasers or surgery is commonly used to treat these issues, there is now another treatment that perfectly targets these concerns: Fractora.
Fractora is a versatile radiofrequency treatment that works at the structural level to rejuvenate, resurface, and restore the skin to a younger, healthier appearance. Its gentle approach ensures a safe, comfortable treatment on all skin types and tones.
What is Fractora?
Fractora is a fractional skin resurfacing device that provides superior rejuvenation, which causes less discomfort to patients. While lasers use light energy to stimulate the production of collagen, Fractora uses radiofrequency energy, allowing it to safely be used on a variety of skin types including darker skin tones.
The Fractora device tip has electrode pins that deliver fractionated radiofrequency energy, rather than emitting a single beam of energy. A fractionated approach results in a more comfortable treatment and a quicker recovery period, because the surrounding untreated areas can assist with healing. Additionally, fractionated radiofrequency energy heats the tissue in a precise, controlled manner, and it has been scientifically proven to reduce wrinkles.
During treatment, Fractora produces tiny columns of injury to different depths of the dermis to promote collagen production, and eventually reveals smooth, even-toned skin as the injuries heal.
Fractora is most commonly used for the following:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles are some of the most common cosmetic concerns and are caused by sun exposure, environmental factors, or the aging process in general. No matter the cause, Fractora can reduce the appearance of wrinkles near the upper and lower eyelids, mouth, forehead, cheeks, and neck to name a few.
- Discoloration: Skin discoloration can detract from an otherwise clear complexion, and it can make your skin look dull or more aged. Fractora uses radiofrequency energy to effectively reduce hyperpigmentation and discoloration, revealing a brighter complexion that glows.
- Acne Scarring and Texture Irregularities: Texture irregularities like deep-pitted acne scars are some of the most frustrating skin issues to deal with because, unlike acne and other blemishes, they cannot be concealed with makeup. Fractora treats uneven skin texture by essentially jumpstarting the body’s skin-building properties to reveal a smoother appearance.
In most cases, the results of Fractora usually develop after about two weeks but it can take up to 3 months for final results. The treated area will continue to improve over the next several months as the collagen develops. Patients are advised that multiple treatments are required for best results. The treatment will be completely customized by the expert staff at ICLS based on your needs and ultimate goals.
Is it Right for Me?
Since Fractora uses gentle radiofrequency energy, it is a safe and effective treatment for most people. Ideal candidates for this procedure include men and women who want to address the following cosmetic concerns:
- Signs of aging, including mild skin laxity, fine lines, and wrinkles on the face and body
- Discoloration and hyperpigmentation
- Acne scarring
- Skin texture irregularities
At your personal consultation at ICLS, you will be assessed fully to determine if you are a candidate for Fractora. You will also be provided with recommendations for the best treatments to meet your personal goals. For optimal rejuvenation, Fractora can safely be performed with other popular treatments, such as injectables.
What is the Recovery Like?
Due to Fractora’s individual approach to skin rejuvenation, downtime is mild. You can expect to see visible micro injuries for a few days after treatment, as well as some redness. Other symptoms can include itching, dryness, flaking and even a “sandpaper” type texture to the skin which can last several days after treatment. Makeup can be applied immediately post if needed.
It’s best to keep the treated areas adequately moisturized to facilitate the healing process. You should also avoid direct sun exposure after treatment since your skin will be more vulnerable. Be sure to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day. With a sensible skin care routine, a healthy lifestyle, and regular sun protection results from Fractora can be long-lasting.
Contact ICLS today to schedule your personal consultation for Fractora in Oakville, Ontario