Pregnancy, hormonal changes, and aging can all contribute to cosmetic and functional changes of the vagina and vulva. These changes may include sagging vulvar tissue, elongated labia, loose muscle tone of the vagina, and sexual dysfunction. Fortunately, women now have a non-invasive option to treat all of these issues in a single procedure: Votiva.
Votiva is a procedure that harnesses the restorative effects of gentle radiofrequency energy and sub-dermal heating technology. This quick procedure offers dramatic results without the discomfort or downtime traditionally associated with invasive vaginal rejuvenation treatments. Discover how Votiva can help you to reclaim your feminine confidence, and reverse the changes brought on by age, pregnancy, and more.
What is Votiva?
Votiva is a non-surgical feminine rejuvenation treatment that reduces vulvar laxity, strengthens the vaginal muscles, and improves sexual function. Compared to other vaginal rejuvenation treatments, Votiva is known for its minimal downtime and gentle, but effective technique. Here’s how it works:
Votiva combines two cutting-edge technologies to address both internal and external feminine concerns.
- FormaV: This sub-dermal heating technology gently delivers heat to the genital tissues to treat enlarged or elongated labia and vulvar laxity. It can also be used internally to improve vaginal skin quality and muscle tone.
- FractoraV: FractoraV uses fractional radiofrequency energy to stimulate the production of collagen, resulting in smoother, tighter skin and healthy genital tissue.
During treatment, the Votiva device will either be inserted into the vagina for internal rejuvenation, applied externally to the vulva, or both. You can expect to feel a gentle warming sensation during treatment, but in most cases, the entire process is virtually pain-free. If you are concerned about pain, a topical anesthetic may be applied to make the treatment more comfortable. A typical Votiva session takes only 45 minutes to perform, making it a convenient and effective option for even the busiest of lifestyles.
Many patients will experience immediate results, but optimal results will develop gradually over time as healthy collagen is produced. For optimal results, 2-3 sessions are usually recommended, but this all depends on your personal goals from this treatment.
Votiva is commonly chosen to address the following concerns:
- Vulvar Laxity: Over time, the vulva undergoes age-related changes just like any other part of the body. Gradually, you may notice that your vulvar tissues have developed skin laxity and now have a drooping appearance. The effects of pregnancy and childbirth can also cause these cosmetic concerns. With its dual technologies, Votiva can beautifully restore an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the vulva by tightening and smoothing the skin.
- Elongated Labia: Elongated labia’s are something that many women struggle with, and it can cause both physical and emotional discomfort. Votiva has a tightening effect on labial tissue, restoring both aesthetics and function.
- Sexual Well-Being: Sexual satisfaction plays an important role in a woman’s overall well-being and happiness. Unfortunately, decreased sensitivity often occurs with age and hormonal fluctuations, which can negatively affect a woman’s sexual enjoyment. Votiva increases blood flow and promotes healthy vaginal and vulvar tissue, which increases sensitivity, reduces vaginal dryness, and restores sexual function.
Is it Right for Me?
Votiva is completely non-invasive; surgery, incisions, and heavy anesthetics are not required. Because of this, it is a safe and effective option for most healthy women. Ideal candidates for Votiva include women who exhibit the following:
- Vulvar and vaginal laxity
- Weakened pelvic floor
- Enlarged or elongated labia
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased sexual function
The expert team at ICLS understands that issues necessitating vaginal rejuvenation may be a source of embarrassment for some patients. For this reason, they hold informative, comforting consultations that will allow you to feel completely at ease when considering this procedure. At your consultation, you will be fully evaluated for Votiva, and you will receive a personalized treatment plan to make your goals a reality. This treatment plan may include rejuvenation of the external tissue, internal tissue, or both.
Although Votiva is an excellent option for tightening the labia, it cannot remove excess tissue. Patients with excess labia tissue may want to consider the benefits of labiaplasty instead. Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that can remove excess labia tissue and eliminate associated symptoms, like chafing and skin irritation.
What is the Recovery Like?
Votiva is completely non-invasive, so it requires little to no downtime. Some patients may experience redness, sensitivity or tenderness, but this should only last a few hours. For the most part, patients do not experience discomfort, and they can immediately resume their regular daily activities post procedure.
Contact ICLS today to schedule your personal consultation for Votiva in Oakville, Ontario.