Let’s face it; your skin is always under assault. When you consider the natural aging process combined with environmental factors like sun damage and pollution, preserving your skin’s beauty may require help. ICLS Dermatology and Plastic Surgery offer advanced skin tightening treatments designed to rejuvenate your facial skin into a youthful tone and texture.
Two procedures which are trending in North America are Ultherapy and Profound Skin Tightening. But which one is best for you?
Ultherapy is for patients seeking a non-invasive treatment which provides an increase in collagen, lift and overall improvement of the skin’s appearance. This ground-breaking treatment is an FDA-cleared, non–surgical solution which tightens skin and improves skin elasticity at the brow, jawline, and décolletage area.
Good candidates for Ultherapy have mild skin laxity. Their skin is starting to become loose and less firm. This advanced treatment has positive effects on:
- Loose skin on the neck
- Sagging skin under the chin
- Wrinkles at on the chest (décolletage)
- Lowered brow
Although results are not as dramatic as a facelift, it is a good alternative for those patients who are preventing and starting to see signs of aging creeping in. Ultherapy is an excellent choice for patients not ready for surgery or those seeking to extend their surgical results.
This revolutionary skin tightening treatment employs energy technology to trigger elastin and collagen production. These natural components are the building blocks for smooth, tight skin. The treatment does not utilize any toxins, fillers, or incisions. Results are more significant than Ulthera for some and can give more improvement for those requiring more intervention than Ulthera, but are not ready for surgery.
Although Profound is an excellent treatment to tighten skin around the face and neck, we also use it to minimize the appearance of cellulite on the legs, thighs, and buttocks. Advantages of Profound include treatment for individuals seeking:
- More defined jawline and chin
- Smooth skin texture around the mouth and lips
- Minimization of loose skin to thighs
- Minimal to very mild cellulite on legs.
Deciding Which One is Right for You
If you are wondering which procedure is the best fit for you, here are some key differences which should help with your decision:
- Downtime: Although both treatments are non-surgical, Profound does involve more downtime between the two. With Ultherapy, individuals can expect minimal to no swelling and bruising for a few days. Profound employs microneedles for deep penetration within the skin’s layers. This method produces more redness, swelling, and bruising. These effects last up to 10 days to the treated area.
- Treatment Sites: Ultherapy’s treatment areas include the brow, chin, and neck as well as the décolletage area. Our Profound treatment provides these as well but can also be useful in tightening skin at the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Profound is also an effective cellulite treatment where Ultherapy is not.
- Cost: With Profound offering more lift and increase in collagen and elastin, the cost of Profound is more than Ulthera. Both options are less when compared with surgical interventions.
Before deciding on which skin-tightening procedure is best suited for you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with us today. We will assess your situation and offer our professional recommendation to achieve your desired outcome. Contact us today for a consultation.